Pages

Thursday, April 30, 2015

A Letter To CFL Fans From The New Commish



Dear CFL Fans:

As I wrap up my first official day on the job, I’m checking in with my new bosses.

That's you, our fans.

All of us who work on behalf of this league are ultimately accountable to you.

You support our teams. You cheer on our players. You help make us better.

So we really do work for you.

I want to start my tenure here by thanking you for the opportunity to contribute to a league that is growing, strong, and primed for an even more exciting future.

Also, many thanks for the personal well wishes so many of you have already conveyed to me and my family.

And most of all, I want to express how grateful I am to you for the passion you have for our game.

I have been fortunate enough to play, coach, and work in sports most of my life; I have seen kids hit their first home run, a Dream Team take over an Olympic Games, the donation of sports equipment help to transform some of the most disadvantaged communities in the world.

And I will say, the energy you bring to the CFL, your bond with our athletes, and your desire to come together at Grey Cups and all year round, is truly unique.

I’m honoured to work for you and with you!

The draft and training camps and the season are all rapidly approaching. It’s going to be a great year. I look forward to seeing you soon where we both want to be… at a CFL stadium, on game day.

Jeffrey L. Orridge
Commissioner
Canadian Football League

No comments: