Pages

Friday, August 5, 2011

Red Sox 6 Moose Jaw 5

The Regina Red Sox have taken a 1-0 lead in their best of 5 WMBL East Division final with a hard-fought 6-5 win over Moose Jaw at Currie Field on Thursday. The Red Sox pushing across that winning run in the bottom of" the 9th. They look to go up 2-0 tonight at Currie starting at 705. I know a lot of you may be asking why the team would go head to head with the Riders tonight and as Red Sox GM Bernie Eiswirth explained on "Sportscage" this week, it wasn't their choice as they would have loved to play Games 1 and 2 Wednesday and Thursday but it just couldn't happen. Hopefully, the team will get a good crowd out tonight.
-----
"Sportscage" listeners are the best. You throw out a question and they find the answer. In speaking with Kelly Remple yesterday, I was agitated over the fact the Toronto bullpen let another one get away in Tampa yesterday. I said I don't know how many blown saves Toronto has had this year, but they would be close to the top in the AL East if they hadn't had any. It quickly got the text line going and many pointed out that Toronto had blown 18 saves this season. I don't know if that fact was mentioned by Buck Martinez and Pat Tabler on the broadcast since I didn't see it, but I welcome the  info. When you consider they are 12 and a half out in both the AL East and wildcard chases, they would be right there if even that number of blown saves was cut in half. Oh Tom Henke, where are you now? Alex Anthopoulos must rid himself of players like Francisco and Rauch in the off-season and get an established closer.
------
I don't have to tell you the Riders are in BC tonight and I'm picking the Green guys to win. It will be a close one though.
------
Checked out the Queen City Ex last night. The reason---80's hair rock bands Warrant. Slaughter and Great White. C'mon, who doesn't love Cherry Pie.



Who was the girl in that video anyhoo? I had it between her and Tawny Kitaen in the Whitesnake video as hottest girl in an 80 video. I digress. Oh yeah, as you can imagine, it was a rather ecletic mix of individuals watching the show with some prisoners of the 80's hair rock movement getting out on parole for one night if you know what I mean.
----
Does anyone buy any of the goods offered in the exhibit buildings at the Ex? I never see anyone buying any of the gadgets that are available.
----
I'll be taking my little one on Sunday so that she can ride the rides and drain the bank account. Walking through the midway last night, I see that you can win "Despicable Me" minions. That is what she will be shooting for and she won't be happy until she gets one that is of a decent size either. SIGHHHHHH!!!!
------
I'm back in the Sportscage this afternoon to talk Rider football as it Four Seasons Football Friday. Rob Vanstone will join me seeing Schultzie is unavailable. (Funny, I didn't see the freak show at the Ex last night)

1 comment:

corm said...

The girls name is Bobbi Brown. She was the lead singers girlfriend and I think she ended up as his wife for a short time. Turn up the cheese!!