Pages

Saturday, August 20, 2011

A Friday Night With The Stars Of The WWE

Being a long-time wrestling fan, I will not deny that I had August 19 circled on my calendar for quite a while. Since finding out the WWE was coming to town for the first time in a long time, there was no way I was going to miss this one and the fact that I had 4th row tickets made it even better.

Lets just say, I did not go  home disappointed.



Jack Swagger (do you think that guy would go over in Winnipeg) provided the laugh of the night. The heel approached a young fan that had a program saying he would gladly sign it for him. The  unsuspecting youngster excitedly handed Swagger the program. He thumbed through it looking for his picture and as he was about to sign threw the program away and continued on. LOVED IT!!!

Alberto Del Rio brought the WWE world championship belt to the Brandt Centre. I still can't believe the WWE has the strap around this guy, but whatever. Del Rio had his personal ring announcer Ricardo Rodriguez with him. I have often said I would love to have Rodriguez voice my own personal Sportscage Intro. Despite pleas from yours truly to get Brandt Centre officials to have him voice one for me, my wishes were denied. DAMN!!!!!!



Its not often that one of MAXIM Magazine's 100 hottest women in the world visits Regina, but it happened when WWE Divas champ Kelly Kelly hit town. Once again, pleas for a photo op with the blonde bombshell went unanswered, but as she made her way around the ring, there was a hand swipe with one another. Yes, I can say I have now touched the hands of two of MAXIM Magazine's 100 hottest women in the world as I managed that with Stacy Keibler a few years ago when the WWE pulled into town. Yeah. that's a career highlight. Because of that, this was the best pic I could get of her---it was a second too late.





For those in attendance, the highlight of the night was the arrival of the face of the WWE--the one and only John Cena. The guy does get a rise from the audience as he is loved by many and hated by many more. He didn't disappoint---either did CM Punk who may have gotten a bigger pop from the crowd in attendance.

All in all, good times. If you are in Saskatoon, enjoy them tonight and say hi to Kelly Kelly for me!!!



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Didn't like Punk coming to Cena's rescue at the end. I don't want those two teaming together. They are too good as foes. It happened with Orton though so I'm guessing it will happen here too. Sad!

Tony Sernick said...

My first WWE event in about 15 years . Didn't it seem BUSH league ??? No stage ??? Performance was terrible .