Pages

Friday, June 3, 2011

Why? Why? Why?

Nipawin--The SJHL's annual general meeting will be held tomorrow, but Friday was spent with the coaches grilling one another asking when they can come and play one another as the schedule was built. In the afternoon, it was time to go out to one of my favourite if not my favourite golf course in Saskatchewan---the Evergreen Course.

It was drizzling, it was cloudy, it was windy. That didn't deter the coaches and others from going out. I had to go out in a fivesome with Yorkton's Trent Cassan, Nipawin's Doug Johnson, Estevan's Keith Cassidy and their director of player personnel Rick Oakes. Let's just say I didn't carry the team, but I did hamper them. Yes, it was my 2nd round of the year, but brutal doesn't even start to describe how bad my game was. I don't know if I hit triple digits, but I had to be close. I topped the ball, I hit several wormburners, I couldn't putt and once again from 100 yards in, I couldn't chip if my life depended on it. I once again was left as I put my clubs away with why do I keep doing this to myself. Yes, it was only my 2nd time out and yes, I don''t expect to go out and shoot 80, but I expect to be a lot better than I was. BRUTAL!!!
-----
How is it the NHL playoffs started a few days before the NBA season ended, yet the NBA is further along in its final series than the NHL. That's not right! I realize building availability plays a lot into it, but I wish we could go back to the 80's and find a way to get the season over by the May long weekend or at no later the first of June. I know that's a pipedream now.
------
Alex Rodriguez has supposedly split up with Cameron Diaz. One look at Cameron's MAXIM spread this month and I have to ask A-Rod just what he is thinking,
------
In this world of e-mail and e-bills, are we really going to notice that much if there is a postal strike?
-----
The Alouettes got their Grey Cup rings. Yeah, I don't care either, I just thought I would mention it.
-----
It would seem as if the Red Sox have the bats going early on. They absolutely crushed Yorkton on Friday night in their home opener.  The final was 22-2. Melville is at Currie Field on Saturday night in a 705 start.
-----
Later!

No comments: