Pages

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

OUCH!!


This is Vin Mazzaro. You may have never heard of him before and you may never hear of him again, but he set a major league record last night pitching for the Kansas City Royals.

The Royals reliever gave up 14 runs and got just seven outs against the Cleveland Indians, who beat Kansas city 19-1 Monday night. He was sent down to the minors after the game.

No pitcher has allowed 14 runs in fewer innings than Mazzaro, according to STATS LLC, whose database goes back to 1919.

Immediately after the game, the Royals dispatched him to the minors.
------
I don't know about you, but its kind of refreshing to hear all this talk about Jose Bautista and none of the talk centers around whether he is juiced. Bautista was on pace to hit 81 homers this year after his three homer effort Sunday in Minneapolis. He has hit more homers than the Twins combined.
------
The Cleveland Indians have the best record in baseball? Will that be until Grady Sizemore or Travis Hafner announces they are taking their talents to SOuth Beach?
-----
If and when Winnipeg comes back to the NHL, call them the Roughriders. Why not?
-----
I just downloaded Internet Explorer 9 to my laptop. I wish I hadn't.
-----
NBC has renewed Chuck for what will be its last season. I'm OK with that.
----
Hard to believe that my unofficial return to radio started one year ago today with the birth of "The Sportscage". Yeah, I'm a little biased, but that daily two hours of sports radio talk has become more popular in just one year than I ever thought it would. A lot of credit has to be handed out to a lot of people for making that show the success its been. I still laugh when I think of Rod Pedersen telling me at the Press Box when he first hatched the idea to me that there was no way he could two hours of sports talk a day and now its just 2nd nature. I have had a lot of fun working with my good friend instead of working against him as I did at CJME. Its a lot easier and its a lot better as well. I don't know what year two of the program has in store, but I know that show will just keep getting better and better. Maybe we'll go 4-7 in the future. I'll give you the Tuesday lineup once it becomes official.
-----
How many of you can't wait for the clock to read 430 on Friday so you can get out of here for the long weekend. I'm sure the plans of many of heading to the cabin are on hold because of the flooding or the plan is to go out and survey the damage. With all the floods and fires that we are seeing in Western Canada, one has to ask just what exactly is going on.
-----
I'm giddy over the fact that the WWE is coming back to Regina. I love High Impact, but talking smack to those guys is nothing like talking smack to the big guys and I'm hoping to have seats that will allow myself and my good-natured bunch of neanderthals that will accompany me to verbally let whoever know how much their work is appreciated if you know what I mean.
-----
Speaking of wrestling, I have just finished Bruce Hart's book on Stampede Wrestling. I'm guessing Bruce and brother Bret just don't get along. I have said it before and I'll say it again---there was nothing better than Tuesday nights at the Exhibition Auditorium watching Stampede Wrestling when they came to town. I only wish I knew some of the people now that were going when I went back then as I had no clue as to who they were then and vice-versa. Seeing the likes of Bret, Keith, Bruce Hart, the legendary Cuban Assassin, the Dynamite Kid, Davey Boy Smith, Bad News Allen, Gama Singh, the list just goes on and on. It was great! Those days hooked me on wrestling forever.
----
Gotta run. Its one of those days.

3 comments:

Ozone said...

Can't mention Stampede without mentioning Ed Whalen. I know he didn't travel when they went on the road, but he was such a voice for Stampede. "The Cuban Assassin's Hair is by General Electric tonight!"

PK said...

I too downloaded Explorer recently and also wish I hadn't!

Perry

Anonymous said...

I will never forget a match between Archie"The Stomper " Gouldie and Abdoullah the Butcher at Ex Stadium..Dave Ruhl,And who could ever forget Sweet Daddie Siki with the cologne sprayer!!! Too bad it ended... Mike from Regina