Pages

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Marvin Summarizes The Weekend

I can't believe I didn't think of this earlier, since I'm a Marvin the Martian fan. As we get up and get back to it for another week, the world is still with us meaning that wingnut's prediction that the Rapture was going to hit was predictably not met. It just makes me wonder if this is what said wingnut is saying today.



----
Of course for the people of Joplin, Missouri they might be thinking the world came to an end this weekend. The devastation out of the Midwestern U-S town is shocking and the pictures are incredible. One picture of what I assume to be one of the city's main drags with businesses everywhere being damaged just makes you shake your head that the death toll wasn't worse. Kudos to Global Regina's Jaclyn Whittal. She unexpectedly got thrust right into the middle of this story because of one she is doing for Global Regina. I'm not exactly sure why she was doing stories from Tornado Alley with a local storm-chaser, but they found a storm and now she is doing likely ten times the work she thought she would as she files for Global National as well as doing her stuff for Global Regina. She's doing a great job too considering the circumstances.
------
The Bruins are within a game of the SC final. Tim Thomas had a tough start, but he rebounded well last night as Boston won 3-1. I picked the Bruins to come out of the East, but I think this series is going 7.
-----
The Canucks need to beat the Sharks tonight. They need to because they have had two elimination games on home ice in these playoffs and have failed both times. They have to deliver the knockout blow tonight. I think they will. If they do, it just means another season will go by without Dany Heatley's name on the Stanley Cup. What a waste of talent. The guy has just dogged it in these playoffs to the point that Puppy Chow should be his sponsor. Perhaps Jeremy Roenick should talk about Heatley's playoff performance....I'm guessing he would if asked.
-----
Why would the NHL announce the league's return to Winnipeg when the playoffs are still on? Why steal the thunder that is happening on-ice by making the announcement that everyone now knows is coming. I am guessing you won't hear anything about the Thrashers being the Winnipeg whoevers until after the Cup has been presented.
-----
Should Canadian hockey fans send cards of thanks to Atlanta. If it wasn't for them, Canada wouldn't have the Flames or whatever this team will be called-----and it has to be the Jets.
-----
The NHL has to do division realignment if Winnipeg is in. It will look stupid to have Winnipeg in the Southeast Division. If a schedule maker has made games involving Winnipeg, I am guessing that schedule maker has taken division realignment into play as well.
----
Who has the crazier set of eyes? Lightning coach Guy Boucher or Mississauga coach Dave Cameron.
----
The Kootenay Ice look nothing like the team that won the WHL title. I don't know what happened to them, but that trip out east took something out of their game.
------
I'm starting to read some NHL mock drafts to see just who the "experts" think the Oilers will take with the number 19 pick that they got in the Dustin Penner trade. If the team can't move up, I think the guy is Portland blueliner Joe Morrow. He is a defenceman that fits the Edmonton mold nicely.
----
Jose Bautista shaves his beard and he still clouts homers. When will Toronto start to embrace this guy?
----
The Cleveland Indians are the best team in baseball? Am I watching Major League? Is Willie Mayes Hayes the AL's leading hitter?
-----
I turned away from the Oklahoma City-Dallas NBA game last night midway through the 4th with OKC comfortably up. Oops! Dallas comes back from 15 down with 5 and a half to go and wins in overtime.
----
Something is definitely wrong with the Chicago Bulls when Chris Bosh is getting 30 some points to lead Miami to victory. I still think he must carry Lebron James and Dwyane Wade's bags to the bus.
----
Why is it whenever you go to the deli section of your favourite grocery store and you ask for a certain amount of product, they give you more. I don't think I've ever asked for 300 grams of roast beef or chicken and had the girl say is 285 or 290 OK. No, its always is something above 300 higher OK?
-----
Kids have Wednesday and Thursday off this week. I will bite my tongue and reserve comment on that.
-----
WWE fans, are you ready for an Alex Riley vs the Miz feud?
-----
Anna Kournikova is going to be on next season's "The Biggest Loser" as a trainer for those who are on the show. Yeah, I don't think the appearance of Anna will make me watch---OK, maybe for a couple of minutes, but not religiously.
-----
Kenton Keith as a member of the BC Lions doesn't bother me one bit.
----
What rookie are you most looking forward to seeing at Rider camp? I don't know if I can answer that question right now? What positional battle are you looking forward to. Global's Warren Woods said last night that he wants to see who comes out on top of the battle to replace Jeremy O'Day and whether or not it will be Nick Hutchins or Marc Parenteau. I think I'll be watching the d-line.
------
What vets if any are on the bubble in your mind?
-----
Never underestimate anyone. Even a broken clock is right twice a day.
----

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

The wing-nut preacher has reset his calculation for the end of the world to happen in October 2011. See story in the Globe and Mail. For many like me in Sask, the end of the world will come only if the Riders don't win the Grey Cup in November.

Mike from Vita, MB said...

There should have been an agreement that if the wingnut's prediction was wrong, his website should have been shut down and him and his staff committed to the local psyche centre.

Anonymous said...

KK is washed up

Anonymous said...

I want to see how far Sisco progresses in camp and if Clermont has another year in him.

Anonymous said...

What's the matter with Chris Bosh? Give the man some props!

Anonymous said...

Keith spent the entire 2010 season recovering from injuries. “I’m always [Roughrider] green at heart, but I don’t have ties to any team right now,” Keith said. “If I went to B.C., that would be pretty cool. I could see a lot of people coming out to watch me play.”

Read more: http://www.vancouversun.com/sports