I don't think I'll be doing this on a night by night basis, but here are just a few thoughts after seeing the first night of the playoffs
1. Its not hard to see by the intensity of the games and the pace that the playoffs are on.
2. Washington is a team known for offence, but I was very impressed with their defensive play
3. I saw Pittsburgh play once maybe twice after Sid got hurt and they didn't look good in either game. That being said, even with Crosby and Malkin out of the lineup, the Penguins looked great
4. The Ducks need more from Dan Ellis
5. Why do people constantly criticize the Wings. They just keep getting it done.
6. Give Vancouver credit, but give the goal-posts some credit too. The better team won Game 1, but this series won't be a short one.