Pages

Monday, April 25, 2011

I Can't Back This One


This picture was sent to me by a friend this past weekend. She wanted to know if she should be as upset with this as what she was and what my thoughts on it were.

I gotta be honest with this one. There are many things that adorn the oh so famous /=S=/ in this province, but this is one in which there shouldn't be an association. The ribbons are for causes or to remember our soldiers fighting overseas---its not for franchises or sports teams. I don't think the Riders have anything to do with this although I am sure they would have to agree to the logo being used.

I have no problem with the /=S=/ being on just about everything these days, but you do have to draw a line somewhere. Having a ribbon on your vehicle to support breast cancer or the troops is one thing, but having it to say you like this team or another is another thing. Buy a car flag then!

As always, thoughts are welcome.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm with you on this one Mitch. That takes it a little over the top if you ask me.


LD

Anonymous said...

There's all kinds of unlicenced Rider stuff out there. Not saying where this came from but Mexico is full of Rider merchandise.

Veeseven

Anonymous said...

Yep I agree that the ribbons should not have a Rider logo on them. Whoever approved the use of the logo should be ashamed.

Anonymous said...

I have to agree with Veeseven. I'm guessing the Riders don't even know this exists and that they would be smart enough not to produce something like this. If you'll excuse me now, I have go have a bowl of Fantuz Flakes before putting some Rider windshield wiper fluid in my Darian Durant F150 and head to work.


Terry C

Anonymous said...

Put the car flag in the window if you must, but this does send the wrong vibe.



Bill