Pages

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Enough is Enough

I'm not one to shop at just one grocery store. I throw my $$ down at Sobeys, Safeway, Superstore(even though I really do hate that place) and Co-Op. I went to the Co-op to grab a few supplies this morning. The Co-Op has really embraced the Riders 100 year theme as there are many products you can get. Rider washer fluid, Rider potato chips, Rider this, Rider that. However, what I saw today makes me just go OK that's enough. Rider bread! Green bread! I'm sorry, there is nothing about green bread that is appetizing to yours truly whatsoever. I can't see this being a huge seller.
-----
I get the feeling its going to be a miserable day trying to get around in Regina tomorrow. It could even be that way before the night is over. At least this shouldn't be as bad as the last snowfall we got.
----
Speaking of snow, will the Riders and Lions be playing in that on Sunday. I got word that I will work the sidelines for CKRM again and I'm guessing I may have to dress a little warmer than what I did last week. After hearing the abuse Jason Armstead took from the east siders last week, I'm looking forward to them renewing acquaintances with Wally.
-----
A story on D1 of today's Leader-Post says the Saskatchewan Federation of Labour wants to see our minimum wage hiked up to $15.66 an hour. Really? Does anyone take this group seriously? I can only imagine what John Gormley thinks about this. Speaking of Gormley, his new book is one that I had a chance to browse through while at a friends place last week. I'll be buying that one. If you are a fan of Saskatchewan politics or even if you're not, you should get one too. While at it, buy a copy of Vanstone's book on the 89 Riders. Yes, that's just a shameless plug since I helped him with some of the interviews in said book.
-----
I have purchased my first Christmas present. SIGHHHHH!!! I have also been informed that my mother-in-law has gone and purchased what I was going to get the Mrs. for Christmas. GRRRRR!!!!
-----
The fact that I am not far away from River City Sports could mean some business for Liz Measner from yours truly over the next few weeks. I always shudder when I walk into stores like River City or Legends near the Northgate Mall because I never know if I'll walk out with my VISA card having taken a good old fashioned schoolyard beating.
-----
Congrats to the Campbell Tartans(my old high school) for winning the city 4A high school football championship.
-----
NHL GM's have basically told Florida's Dale Tallon that his idea of coaches challenging a call is stupid by basically shelving it as soon as it was brought up at meetings today. I gotta agree that that was a dumb proposal.
-----
Did you watch Conan last night? It was OK! The part with the masks was the best. Why did he feel the need to drag Andy Richter along. I'm not a big Richter fan.
-----
As I leave its confession time, I tried sniffing Coke once, but the ice cubes got stuck in my nose.
----

----

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

I make the trip to Wpg for the Banjo Bowl and my VISA took a big time hit for years because of River City Sports. Opening a location in Regina simply kills me, but I'm OK with that. Its a far better selection than Jersey City.

Anonymous said...

Forecast is calling for a high of plus 4 on Sunday. No mention of snow.

Duane Tomporowski said...

I come in Peace.

Mitchell:

I was sent your comments last week that were directed at me. Now I have sat back and pondered how I should respond. This war of words between you and I has become "stupid". Even stupider is we are grown men who have mutual friends/acquaintances that are in the middle of this song and dance.

For my part I apologize for things I have said about you and your abilities as a journalist over the past few years on Riderfans. Those comments were out of line. I should have been more mature and professional when I did not agree with your views or opinions.

For the record I think you have done a good job on Rider broadcasts and sportscage.

Again, I apologize for my part in this feud and I will acknowledge you person-to-person the next time I see you in public.

Anonymous said...

I would love to smoke what Larry Hubick does. That guy is so far out in left field. If he gets what he wants, than I want to work for minimum wage seeing I'm only getting 13.75 an hour.

Darren

Anonymous said...

If you didn't hear, Armstead got cut today. Looks like you were right on the Kavis Reed call in Edmonton.


Riley

Anonymous said...

Is BSD getting soft in his old age? That guy hates you! I know it because I've been there when he has said it. WOW!!!!

Anonymous said...

BSD has never said he hated Mitch that I've heard. Nice pot stirring. A guy admits he was wrong, apologizes and gets lambasted. Ridiculous.

Anonymous said...

Don't fall for it Mitch, it's a trick. He's just after your lucky charms!

Anonymous said...

Green bread is moldy bread. I can't see why anyone would buy Rider bread. GROSS!!

Anonymous said...

Mitchy, Mitchy, Mitchy, I got banned from RF about two years ago and I very rarely have gone back, but I know that guy has had some kind of vendetta against you by reading what he has said. I'd be very wary of this so-called "apology"

Anonymous said...

What's wrong with green bread? Put some green ham and a green tomato in there and make yourself a Rider sandwich. CMON!!!


Tony

Mitchell Blair said...

Correspondence has been sent the other way. We'll see what happens. I think I can say all is good on both sides.