Pages

Thursday, November 25, 2010

Bulletin Board Material From The Avon Man!!

If the Riders need any more motivation for Sunday, they may have received it from Montreal running back Avon Cobourne Thursday night. Cobourne obviously isn't an Andy Fantuz fan. This is what he tweeted moments after #83 was named the CFL's top Canadian.
@AvonCobourne: Fantuz win Canadian award.. Bet Stala neva had no catches in a game..?
----
If that doesn't do it, then how about this story coming from the National Post. This story only begs the question. "When did the Alouettes become such whiny little bitches?" Have they become Calgary 2.0? I'm actually quite surprised at this because the Alouettes are a very classy organization that doesn't talk a lot of smack. I'm guessing Marc Trestman will be chatting with Monsieurs Boulay and Proulx today.
-----
Congrats to Henry Burris for winning the MOP. Hank made a fool out of himself in Montreal a couple of years ago by whining that he should have won. It appears to me as if Hank wants personal accolades and if the team ones should follow, so be it. I thought Global's Derek (please call me Duke) Meyers hit it on the head on the Sportscage Thursday when he said when we grew up we dreamed of winning the Stanley Cup or the Grey Cup, not winning the Art Ross Trophy or the CFL's MOP trophy.
-----
US Thanksgiving---3 NFL games. A day to park it watching some football with some good buddies over some cold ones. Nothing like it!
-----
One year ago today we woke up to hear Tiger Woods had been in an accident. You know what happened after that.
-----
The Oilers are struggling, but when you see Jordan Eberle and Taylor Hall combine on the game-winner against Colorado like they did Thursday night, you know good times are on the horizon. Those two will be lethal as they get more NHL experience.
-----
The SJHL Hall of Fame weekend is this weekend in Humboldt. That is where I will be spending my Friday and Saturday. I am looking forward to meeting Glenn Hall and going to Humboldt. The reason---my late grandfather used to coach in Humboldt and one of the players he coached was a youngster named Glenn Hall. I don't know if Mr. Hall will remember my grandfather, but I am going to ask him. Humboldt has a sports hall of fame similar to my hometown of Indian Head. I will have to see if I can find an artifact with Grampa's name on it.
----
Speaking of Duke Meyers, I wonder if he has found a tiger in his bathroom yet in Edmonton. The same goes for Pedersen. Did they take police tape with them???
-----
Anyone want a broken guitar? No strings attached!!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

We don't need any extra motivation, but Avon and the Als have given it to us. GO RIDERS!!!

Anonymous said...

From not practicing outside to this, I'm likin what I'm seein!!

Congrats to Andy!

Anonymous said...

Your grandpas's name?

Anonymous said...

So Montreal gets the small dressing room. Switching sports, but back in the old Montreal Forum the penalty box was right beside the Canadiens bench with the opposition bench on the other side of the ice. They were the only team in the league that had that luxury, but that was okay.