Pages

Monday, September 6, 2010

The Eski-Woes!!!

As a Twitter friend told me on Monday night, I don't know what was worse. The video of that girl throwing puppies into the river or watching the Eskimos get thoroughly embarrassed by the Stampeders again. It was hard to believe that game could have been uglier than the first meeting the two teams had, but it was. If there was a mercy rule in football, this one would have been over at half-time.





It just makes Rider fans ask how the h-e double hockey sticks did they lose to that team. It really is inexplicable.





What also is inexplicable is why Richie Hall continues to trot Ricky Ray out there. Granted, Ray's receivers are horrible, but it is time for Jared Zabransky to assume control of this football club. The Eskimos aren't going anywhere this year, so give Zabransky a half a season as the starter so he can be ready for next year. The Ricky Ray era has to be over.


----


South of the border, Boise State beat Virginia Tech 33-30 in what was said to be a great football game. We get US college football on Thursday night and a steady diet on Saturday, but the best game of the week is not on Canadian TV. That isn't right.


-----


I was in a fantasy football draft last night. Its one of those keeper leagues. I kept Larry Fitzgerald, Antonio Gates and Sidney Rice from last year's team. I don't like my team one bit. When you are riding your hopes on Joe Flacco, you know you are in trouble. Here's to hoping Ladainian Tomlinson is the comeback player of the year. YEECHH!!!


----


I'm silently cheering for the Colorado Rockies to make the baseball playoffs. They have a shot.


-----


I'm starting to get this ugly feeling that a lot of the baseball playoffs are going to be on Sportsnet One and we are not going to have that channel.


----


Can I join Vanstone's crusade to get ESPN into Canadian homes?


----




I asked Sunday night to some people on my Twitter account as where all the rain was that was supposedly falling in Regina seeing my end was not seeing much of it. I guess I had my question answered by looking at this picture from Troy Fleece of the Regina Leader-Post. That's the Albert Street underpass right by Mosaic so it only makes me wonder if these are the tears of inconsolable Bomber fans. Seriously, it must have really come down in some areas, but in my area of the city while it did rain, it didn't rain like this.
----
Let another work week begin.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Joe Flacco could have a big year.

Anonymous said...

I don't know what end of Regina you live in, but you certainly don't live in Lakeridge where there is now a lake. I've never seen it rain that hard for so long. It took the happiness from the football game away.

Anonymous said...

To think that game in Edmonton could very well cost us the Western final. Then again, it may not matter. Calgary is that good and they may prove that to the Riders on the 17th.

perry

Anonymous said...

Better Joe Flacco than Matt Hasslebeck