Pages

Sunday, September 12, 2010

Congrats Ron Flemons! You've Immortalized Yourself

Toronto Argonaut Ron Flemons has taken his spot amongst those committing the biggest bloopers of all time. The defensive end had a touchdown in yesterday's game against the Lions. I say "had".



How do you explain that after? What type of ribbing will his teammates give him? Does he realize that blooper will be seen forever? Does he realize that as humourous as that was, he doesn't have the all time Argo blooper if not one of the best bloopers of all time.


-----
Get some stain remover out in Hamilton. I can't believe Hamilton soiled the linen as badly as what they did against Montreal. This was a chance to make a statement for the Ti-Cats against the Calvillo-less Alouettes. They did make a statement I guess. One that says we're not ready to assume the title of contender. That was a game Hamilton simply had to have.
-----
Speaking of statement games. how about the Regina Thunder last night. They stomped on the Saskatoon Hilltops at Mosaic Saturday night. The final score 48-23. It leaves the Thunder with a 3-0 mark and puts them alone in first.
-----
The Riders are in Winnipeg as you all know. The green and white has struggled on the road recently, and I am interested to see how they come out today. I would think Doug Berry has found a way to get Weston Dressler and Andy Fantuz involved once again in the offensive scheme and I would think that offensive line will do a better job at handling Winnipeg's front four. I also think we will see a lot of screens with Wes Cates today just to keep that Bomber front honest. Riders 30 Bombers 18
-----
The remote will get a workout this morning with the Rider game and the first Sunday of NFL play (Hello Sunday Ticket, I've missed you my friend). Upset of the day---the Rams at home over the Cardinals.
----
I thought perhaps this cool weather meant the end of the hated mosquito. I was wrong!
----
I saw a great Twitter post on Saturday that I wholeheartedly agree with. If you are going to have a Twitter account, why do you protect your tweets. That's like putting your number in the phone book and not publishing the number. STOOOOOOOOOOO-PID!
----
There's a whole lot of condensation on the car window this morning. A couple of degrees cooler and that sound of scraper hitting windshield would have been heard way, way too early.
----
What's the deal with Kiefer Sutherland turning down a Rider jersey. One can only assume he is a Bombers fan---or perhaps an Argos fan. That's one big time slap in the face. How will Brad Wall and the Saskparty spin that? I also think that many people are going to make WAYYYYYYYY to big a deal over this! That being said, I am surprised at the actions of Jack Bauer--I mean Sutherland.
-----
Enjoy your Sunday! GO RIDERS and now add GO SEAHAWKS!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

This article says Kiefer signed the jersey and asked for it to be donated to charity.

http://www.newstalk980.com/story/20100910/40098

Anonymous said...

I will never ever get tired of seeing Kerwin Bell bag himself!

Anonymous said...

What's this about Sutherland turning down a Rider jersey? Care to expand?

Anonymous said...

Dwain probably gave Kiefer one of his Stampeder jerseys to take back instead...

Anonymous said...

Finally you are posting the video instead of making us click! Awesome!