Pages

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Can I Take The Pats To The Mem Cup?



NHL 11 is now on store shelves. I must admit I do not have a PS, an XBox or a Wii for reasons I'm not going to start getting into. However, I may have to shell out some $$$ for a PS3 or an XBox because of this game. If you don't know, NHL 11 has signed an agreement with the Canadian Hockey League so that all junior teams are in this year's game. Yes, you can play the Western Hockey League from the comforts of your own living room. You can play that Pats-Warriors rivalry for yourself. You can replay the Mem Cup final between Brandon and Windsor. You can do whatever with last year's roster. Now the question is do I buy a PS 3 or an XBox. Any advice would be welcome.
-----
This might have been interesting 15 years ago, but I don't know about now. What do you think?
-----
Did anyone catch Stevie Baggs talking with Rod Pedersen on "The Sportscage" Monday afternoon? If you did, what was your take on what Stevie said?
-----
The local TV stations are full of faces that you're about to see for the last time if you haven't already. Global's Nancy Carlson is leaving and Ryan Sang has already left. Over at CTV, Manny will soon need a new co-anchor at 6 as Carla Beynon has announced her departure as she is going home to Calgary. Can I openly place a vote for Morgan Reed or Lindsey Hoemsen as a replacement in this forum?
----
How can the Stampeders take Edmonton seriously on Friday night when they have beaten them by a combined 88 points in their first two games? How?
----
The Eskimos released LT Calvin Armstrong on Tuesday. Yeah, that's the problem!!!
----
Did you know that almost 45 percent of CFL games have not been decided this year until the final 3 minutes. That number surprised me. What also is surprising is that attendance numbers are down in the first half of 10 compared to the first half of 09.
----
Just two more sleeps until the 2010 NFL season starts. Those that know me know how much I love the NFL. It allows me to be critical of the Seahawks, much like many of you are with the Riders. I seriously think that team wins the division this year and then gets knocked off in their first playoff game when taking on a quality opponent. They are the best of a bad lot in the NFC West.
----
I really think colour bars would provide me with more entertainment than both ET Canada and E-Talk.
----
Russ Courtnall, Valeri Bure, Theoren Fleury and PJ Stock are some of the players taking part in "Battle of the Blades 2". This just in.....I'd rather watch ET Canada or E-Talk. Who thinks up of this schlock?
----
I don't want to get too excited about this story, but now can you not?
----
Here's a much better story on former Regina Pat, current baseball bad boy Nyjer Morgan.
----
I don't know if I want to be in Weyburn later this week. Jack Bauer is coming to town. That can't be good. Are terrorists about to invade the Inland Terminal? Seriously, Kiefer Sutherland will be in Weyburn on Friday when a statue of Tommy Douglas is unveiled. Sutherland is Douglas' grandson if you didn't know. If "24" was still going, I would say someone has to get Sutherland a Rider jersey or something with the /=S=/ that he could wear on the show, but sadly it isn't. Can you imagine if Jack was a Rider fan!!!!!
----
Do you think Reggie Bush really cares if they take away his Heisman? Taking something away so many years after the fact is so stupid.
-----
That's all for me. Remember no one is happy until their spouse makes them miserable.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

SF is easily the best team in the NFC West...

Dodge said...

For someone who claims to hate "Battle of the Blades", you sure talk about it a lot. I think I've learned more about it here than anywhere else.

Now, it allows me to keep the wife updated on the latest from the show, because as a former competetive figure skater she loves that stuff, so I'm not gonna complain.

mongo said...

according to my 19 year old son the X-box is the way to go for games...the PS3 for movies...

Anonymous said...

If you are playing the Pats and things aren't going well, you can at least trade Eberle at the deadline unlike someone else who didn't.

Anonymous said...

XBox all the way

Anonymous said...

Do yourself a favour. DONT PLAY THE PATS!!! I would lean towards the XBOX as well.

I don't have a problem with what Baggs said. He was only stating reality. He is an elite player in this league and deserves elite $$.

If Seattle beats San Francisco this year, they can win division, but if not, forget it. I guess Sunday is a huge game then.

David

Anonymous said...

Nobody cares what you think.


Lindsay

Glenn said...

Pam is still interesting !

Anonymous said...

I lost 50 pounds and I feel great! Mitch lose weight, you'll feel better.

Anonymous said...

The stadium is going to happen. It will anger some. Many decisions have been made that have left others angry and this will be one of them. The Riders will be in new digs by 2014.