Pages

Thursday, August 26, 2010

Who Made It?

I was cleaning out some crap in the basement Thursday night while watching John Chick and the Colts go up against Graham Harrell and the Packers when I came across some stuff I had while doing my thing at CJME. One of the things I came across was a program from the World Under 17 challenge when it was in Regina from December of 05 to January of 06. I started scanning through the rosters to see who was recognizable today. I was surprised that there weren't many.

Canadian world junior captain Patrice Cormier was on Team Atlantic. I don't remember if he did anything gutless in that tourney like he did at the World Jrs and for his Quebec junior team. PK Subban, Drew Doughty, Sam Gagner and John Tavares played for Team Ontario, Brandon Sutter, Kyle Turris and Tyler Ennis played for Team Pacific, Angelo Esposito was on Team Quebec, James Van Riemsdyk was on Team USA (I thought Patrick Kane was too, but no) and Luke Schenn was on Team Western. I was surprised that no one from Finland, Slovakia and the Czech Republic have made their way to the show. I still don't know why Sweden and Russia weren't represented at that event.
----
Maybe all Tiger needed was to be set free. Just days after his divorce is announced, Tiger Woods goes out and shoots his best round in a year. I'll let you make your own comment on that one.
-----
I will be hosting the Sportscage Friday afternoon on 620 CKRM. Saskatchewan's 2nd best (hey, the other guys say they're the best so who are Rod and I to argue that claim---we leave it to you the peeps to speak) daily sports talk show will feature the aforementioned Mr. Pedersen live from Edmonton. Do you think Scott Schultz and I should rag on him because he is going to the Lady Gaga concert?
-----
High Impact Wrestling takes centre stage tonight at the Victoria Club. Alas, I will not be in attendance as I have some SJHL business to take care of this weekend so I will be on the road. I will leave it for Mr. Vanstone and some of my other wrasslin watchin buds to inform me of what happened. I hope someone tells me Rex Roberts was thrown out into traffic. I hate that dimestore cowboy. I don't know why, but I do! I think the feeling is mutual!
-----
How good did the Packers look? How good did Aaron Rodgers look? If there is any team in the NFC that is going to challenge New Orleans this year, I would put my money on Green Bay.
----
So some guy that tried out for Canadian Idol has now been discovered to be a terrorist. I think I speak for most of Canada when I ask why this guy just didn't do us a favour and remove Ben Mulroney from the equation!!!
----
The NHL is said to be throwing womens hockey a lifeline and setting up a league very similar to the NBA and the WNBA. The article can be found right here. Nothing against women's hockey, but is this a smart idea? This is an idea that the NHL might want to reconsider.
----
Cardinals first baseman Albert Pujols and Cincinnati first baseman Joey Votto are battling one another for the Triple Crown. No major leaguer has done that since 1964. The Triple Crown is the same thing that Regina Red Sox first baseman Mitch MacDonald accomplished this year. It tells you how rare this is and how special of a season it was for MacDonald. I know 2011 is a long ways away, but just watching him play should be a reason to watch the Red Sox next year.
-----
Did anyone see ABC's Nightline discussing the Chris Benoit murder/suicide and how brain damage was basically to blame. That story still gives me shivers. People ask me why I still watch wrestling the way I do. Its simple! I grew up watching that stuff every Tuesday night at Exhibition Auditorium. I loved it then and I still love it now.
-----
Remember that growing old is mandatory, but growing up is optional. Have a good Friday!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Team Quebec won that event didn't they? Was it the US they beat in the final? That was good hockey.


Chris G

Anonymous said...

Funny how you put crap and CJME in the same sentence. Coincidence?

Anonymous said...

Mitch McDonald is a very good baseball player, but if he played in the WMBL central or west division, he would not have won the triple crown. Regina was an average team in an awful division. Look what happened in the finals.