Pages

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

SC Takes Game 1

The potent Regina Red Sox offence was held in check by the Swift Current Indians in Game 1 of the WMBL final Wednesday night. John Snyder and Joey Evans held Regina to just 5 hits as they took the opener by a score of 7-1. Game 2 will go in Swift Current tomorrow night with Games 3 and 4 scheduled for Regina Friday and Saturday. That could change though depending on the weather as there is rain in the forecast this weekend.
-----
While the Red Sox took center stage Wednesday night, there is no doubt who takes center stage tonight. The Riders and Lions will battle on the Mosaic Stadium turf and it does look like it will be a wet night. If its going to rain fine, but lets hope the rain holds off about 6 and doesn't return until about 1030 or 11.

I'm interested to see what type of team the Lions come out with tomorrow. I'm thinking they will be a lot better with Jarious Jackson as their quarterback, but I don't think they have what it takes to keep with the Riders especially at Mosaic. I think I told Rod Pedersen it would be 35-23 when all is said and done.

I'm also interested to see if Darian Durant can get the offence back to full speed now that he is. Darian says he is feeling much better than he has over the past few weeks as he battled salmonella. If he is back to 100 percent, I expect him to put up some big numbers. Is it too much to expect another 4oo yard night? Rob Vanstone writes that Durant is on pace for a 6-thousand yard season. I don't care what league you are in----thats impressive!!
----
I may have to venture out of the press box at halftime tomorrow night and join the rest of the Rider Nation in applauding Don Narcisse. (Can't cheer in the press box you know) I am guessing that Narco would have to be right up there with Bobby Jurasin and Corey Holmes when it comes to most popular Riders of days gone past. Will he give us one more duck-walk? While he deservedly goes into the CFL Hall of Fame because of his 13 year career, I wish the green and white would retire #80. Then again, you have to retire 81 and 5 as well. No use arguing about that now. Congrats Narco!!
----
Why am I thinking many people will be taking advantage of the Regina-Phoenix non stop flight offered by WestJet this winter? In fact, I am guessing a certain blonde at Global that I know is already trying to find a couple of weeks in February to enjoy the desert heat.
----
Do you think Bob Young is really serious about moving the Ti-Cats out of Hamilton? I don't know enough about the story, but why is one place so much worse than the other. They are getting a new stadium that will be much better than Ivor Wynne Stadium so what is the problem? Did you ever think that a CFL team would threaten relocation.
----
I just laugh at a certain place and the things they do. I won't say anything more.
----
Am I wrong for just wanting to punch Robert Pattinson? I think that puts me in the 'man' category.
----
Does Maestro Fresh Wes still let his backbone slide?
----
Am I ashamed of myself for actually mentioning Maestro Fresh Wes in this blog?
----
Good on Graham DeLaet for giving back to his community. How can you not root for guys like Graham and Jon Ryan who does the same thing in Regina. Fame has not overblown the egos of these two gentlemen.
----
The NBA's New Jersey Nets want to change their name when they move to Brooklyn. The Jersey Shores?
----
And finally, I present what might be the worst baseball card ever........

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

That baseball card is priceless.
Agree with you 100 percent on guys like Ryan and DeLaet. Throw Sillinger and Heward into that mix as well and I'm guessing Eberle too.
Saskatchewan people don't forget home.


Darrell

Anonymous said...

I've gotta bad feeling about tonight. I don't know what it is, but I think this one is coming right down to the end.

Anonymous said...

Is rain going to cost the WMBL a champion again this year? The forecast says rain right through this afternoon until Sunday. Don't these guys have to get back to the US? Lets hope they can get it done this year unlike last.


Jason

Anonymous said...

Mitch, you should really do some reading on the Hamilton saga. Basically Their council wants to put the new stadium in an area that has no parking, highways, or other infrastructure (Rail lines, or other public transit) available, which would make getitng name sponsorship impossible, and getting little to no walk up crowds. Young has been against this site from day one, and there was even a mediator hired and selected a different spot. But their council and mayor in particular have been stubborn through it all. For a foot notes version, read Glen Suitor column on TSN.ca

Little Johnny

Anonymous said...

Mitch, Here is how I hear it from a Hamilton person in relation to our Riders.

Headline "Saskatchewan's new stadium to be built: In Davidson"

That is the relation I get from it, I mean Davidson would be central for Saskatoon and Regina, but would people travel to it, with no bus and no LRT or any public transit?!

S'toon

Tyler said...

"Duck walk"? Excuse me, I believe it's called the "Narco Strut." RECOGNIZE!!!