Pages

Sunday, August 29, 2010

Happy or Sad?

Summer is over! A sure sign of that is not the fact that WHL training camps have started with SJHL ones getting ready to go. Its not the fact that its getting quite cooler. Its the fact the school bell rings for the first time today as another school year begins. For some parents, they are quite happy to see their little guy or gal head back as its been two months of trying to keep them entertained. For some, it is an emotional time as its their little ones first day and for others, it means their daily routine which gets thrown out of whack in the summer returns. Whatever it is, just make sure you remember to be watching for the kids today and remember to adhere to all school zones. I'd like to say Regina's finest will be out watching for those going over 40 in school zones, but I'm guessing they won't seeing I rarely see them by my kids school which is on a busy street in which many seem to not care that they are ripping through a school zone.
-----
It might be one of my biggest pet peeves and it happened again Sunday. I was at a department store looking for some clothing. I got to where I wanted to be only to be stopped by two old men having a conversation with one another. I stood there patiently for a couple of seconds waiting for the pair to move off, but NO! They were too embroiled in conversation to move. Is it just people are oblivious to everything around them or are they just too ignorant? I have no problem with a conversation, but if you see someone wanting to get into the area that you are blocking then MOVE!!! When I finally invaded their space thus disrupting their conversation, I was met with a dirty glance--one suggesting "How dare you interrupt our chat!". Yes, I should abandon my quest for the goods I seek just because you can't do the correct thing and move. Its something that really, really gets under my skin.
-----
Something that has gotten under the skin of many is the performance of the Riders on Saturday. I still don't understand just how that team could lose Saturday night in Edmonton. They didn't deserve to win the game even though they played a great game defensively. There are questions that have to be asked about this team, but those thinking there is no chance of them getting back to the Grey Cup are simply delusional as far as I'm concerned. Those calling for Ryan Dinwiddie to start the Labour Day game are simply clueless. Those calling for Dominique Dorsey to be replaced aren't wrong though. Dorsey has proven to be a free-agent bust. Something must be done to improve the return game. If Stefan Logan gets cut in Pittsburgh, would the Riders be interested. They would have to part ways with Dorsey first and admit a mistake was made.
-----
The Regina Thunder rolled the Calgary Colts on Sunday. The Thunder are 2-0 after demolishing the Colts 59-10.
----
Am I wrong to think that with Quinton Howden, Dylan McIlrath, newly acquired Colin Bowman, Anton Honejsek and some talented 20 year olds that the Warriors are the class of the Eastern Division if not the Eastern Conference? If not this year, then certainly next as the Warriors move into their new digs.
----
What are the L-A Kings going to do with Colten Teubert? Is there a chance that he comes back to the WHL as a 20 year old. If he does, it won't be with the Pats. I am sure Chad Lang will send Teubert somewhere to make his hockey team a better one.
----
With SJHL camps starting, there is tremendous optimism in several centres about their team hoisting the Credit Union Cup. Methinks its going to be a very exciting season watching the best Junior A league in Canada.
----
I might have watched the Emmys had it not been for Jimmy Fallon. His Springsteen imitation at the start of the show had me reaching for the remote. I'm not a Fallon fan.
----
Sounds like I missed a great HIW Friday night. DAMN!!!
---
With it being the first day of school, I give you this. "You know how to tell if the teacher is hung over? Movie Day."

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Mitch,

I heard an interview with the Kings GM and he said Tuebert has a hand injury and is out of action for 3 months. I do see him returning to junior but his injury could hinder what the Pats could do with him.

Carlo

Anonymous said...

I don't know if the Warriors are the class of the East this year, but they will be in 11-12 when they move into their new digs. It will really make Parker cringe when MJ wins their 2nd conference championship during his time in Regina when he has none.

Mike

Anonymous said...

My pet peeve is people who are done at the till who decide they just need one more thing or they don't know what card to pay with.