Pages

Friday, August 20, 2010

Congrats to Jon Keen

One of what in my mind is the top play by play guys in the WHL is moving on----but he's not getting into the show, at least not yet. Jon Keen is leaving as the voice of the Swift Current Broncos to take the play by play job with the Kamloops Blazers.

I offered him my congrats today and he tells me he's currently outside Wrigley Field where the Cubs play the Braves today and that he's sitting in the left field bleachers. SIGGHHHHHH!!!! One day I will get to Wrigley. If all goes to plan, it will be next year.

So who takes over for Jon in SC? A decision has to be made and made very quickly. I'm sure the people of Swift Current would gladly embrace Rod Pedersen seeing he has been public enemy #1 there in the winter time at times---especially after Vaseline-gate. (By the way, that is one of the all time great stories as far as I'm concerned and I know many of you that read this know what I'm talking about) Whoever it is has some big shoes to fill, but like I say, you throw the shoes out and buy your own.

As for Rod, he needs to either become Eberle's roomy in Edmonton (think about that one for a second) or move down Highway 2 and take over for the legendary Peter Maher when he decides to hang up the microphone. I just don't know as an Oiler fan if I could take two good friends of mine (Rod and Peter Loubardias) calling Flames games. That might be too much!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kamloops can have him. Good riddance. One arrogant and egotistical individual.