Pages

Monday, July 12, 2010

Do You Know People That Fit In This Category?

You know I think I have probably played against people that would fit in all of these categories. Check this out!

I'm guessing many of you have as well.
----
Baseball's home run derby simply bores me. I went to the Red Sox game Monday night so I thankfully didn't see one swing of the derby. One can only take so much of Chris Berman saying "back, back, back" or he hit that one to (suburb of host locale). I simply don't care. It bores me. I find no excitement in it whatsoever. It says how much credit can actually be given to the event when major league home run leader Jose Bautista of the Jays isn't even invited to participate.
----
The first half of the season is over. One would have to say the San Diego Padres are the biggest surprise and that perhaps the Philadelphia Phillies are the biggest disappointment.
----
No disappointment in Rider land. The team looks great after two games and should be ready to come home and give Edmonton a beating on Saturday. However, looking past the Eskimos would be a mistake and make no doubt about it, they might have beaten the Alouettes had Fred Stamps hung on to that Ricky Ray pass in the 3rd quarter on Sunday. Speaking of Ray, he is really under the gun in Edmonton as is coach Richie Hall. The Eskimos wouldn't pull the pin on Richie if they lose Saturday would they?
----
I wonder how that Mike Fisher-Carrie Underwood wedding reception went. I'm guessing with a bunch of good old Canadian hockey players there that a good time was had by all.
----
Spain has to be on the top of the sports world after the World Cup win on Sunday. You have the soccer team along with Rafael Nadal and Lakers forward Pau Gasol who won the NBA title. A lot to be proud off in Espana that's for sure.
-----
Why is it seniors flock to buffet places? I was in one today and I swear to god I felt like the youngest person in there. It was old people everywhere. I ask, what is the allure to the older demographic?
-----
I find it interesting that the Edmonton Oilers have told the Brandon Wheat Kings Toni Rajala will not be back with them next year. I would think the Oilers would want the Finnish forward playing his hockey in North America and not back in Finland.
-----
The Red Sox won a first place showdown with Melville on Monday night at a rainy Currie Field. The win puts Regina into first in the East one game up on the Millionaires. The West leading Okotoks Dawgs are here tonight and tomorrow in what could be a finals preview. Game time both nights is 705.
-----
The moaning and groaning over the fact the Riders don't have Marcus Thigpen is getting to be a little much. Here's the bottom line---Thigpen has looked good in a Hamilton uniform but they are 0-2. The Riders are 2-0. Can the crying please stop? You would think all of those who gave those "expert" training camp reports from the stands would have seen Thigpen was so much better than Dominique Dorsey. Oh wait, they didn't because he wasn't!
------
Is there any real reason for anyone to water their grass this year?
----
Enjoy your Tuesday

6 comments:

The Real Deal said...

The question is Mitch what were you doin at the Buffet.

Anonymous said...

If Kelly McCrimmon is getting screwed by the Oilers(or any other team), I am all for it. I still chuckle when I think of them getting embarassed twice by Windsor on home ice.

Anonymous said...

I have also noticed the older demographic at buffets. It must be the free ice cream!!

Anonymous said...

Rajala has one year of mandatory military service to complete in Finland so I think the Oilers want him to get that completed before they bring him back to north america to compete for a job.

jim in victoria said...

you are so right mitch. thigpen did not beat out dorsey at training camp. please look at the whole year not two games people. the riders are two and oh. and they will thump the ee's on saturday.

The Duke said...

Keep eating at those buffets big boy!!!