Pages

Monday, March 22, 2010

Has The Bubble Burst?

A-A-A-A-CHOOOOO!!! The sneezing, the sniffles, the fatigue. Yes, I'm far from being 100 percent right now. Had I been I would have been in Moose Jaw Monday for Game 3 of the Calgary-Warriors series. I'm guessing it was quite the night at the crushed can as the Warriors looked to take an improbable 3-0 series lead against the heavily favoured Hitmen. Calgary jumped out to a 2-0 lead and lead 4-2 after two, but I'm guessing everyone was out of their seats when Jason Bast scored in the first minute of the 3rd to close the gap to one. Calgary got the last three though to take the pivotal 3rd game 7-3. With the score being so one-sided, many are now asking if the Hitmen have solved the Warriors and will it be this way the rest of the series. I'm sure the Warriors will rebound and give a much better effort on home ice tonight in Game 4. If they do, it will be tough to complete the upset. If they don't, I don't like their chances. We will see.
----
Its disappointing to hear that not many tickets have been sold for the two Brandon-Swift Current games that will be played here tonight and tomorrow. Its playoff hockey! Is this just a sign that Pats fans don't care or is it something else? It may be a combination of both. Regardless of what it is, I hope the two teams play to at least a crowd of 25-hundred to 3-thousand.
----
I questioned BC's signing of free agent running back Jamal Robertson Monday until I remembered BC needs a starting running back. I had forgotten that Martell Mallett had signed an NFL contract with the Eagles. How many guys have the Lions lost to the NFL over the past couple of years? While the Riders have taken a big hit this year with the loss of John Chick and Rey Williams south of the border, I would have to think no team has been hurt more by the NFL-CFL agreement than BC. I wonder if there is some place to find out that info.
-----
The Seahawks on Monday Night Football? I'm hearing the 2010 NFC West champs (I can dream can't I!) will open up the season with the late game in the opening week Monday doubleheader in Arizona. The sked should be out just after Easter. One game on that sked will be a battle between the Falcons and Seahawks in Seattle. Another one has Seattle in Denver. Ahhhhh---the memories of the last game in Denver between these two teams. If you see Vanstone around anytime, ask him about it. I'm sure he would be glad to tell you. HEE HEE HEE! Rob and I might have to make a return trip to the Mile High City depending on when the game is.
-----
The Blue Jays announce Shaun Marcum will be their opening day starter. Is there any reason to think Toronto won't finish last in the American League East. Could they lose 100 games? They might! Is there any excitement for the Jays season? If there is, I'm not seeing it.
-----
Mike Emrick called his 3000th NHL game last night when the Red Wings beat the Penguins. "Doc" is one of the best to call hockey in my mind. He's right up there with Hughson and Cuthbert as far as I'm concerned. 3000 games. That's a lot of sleep in hotels across North America. When I was younger, I thought that would be the life. I'd still like to try it once, but I don't know how long I could do it for.
----
I've heard some people say they find Jennifer Jones to be very arrogant. She was nothing but co-operative and polite when I dealt with her at the Scotties here a couple of years ago. She's a helluva lot better than Kelley Law and Amy Nixon. and that's for sure. I'd like to know why these people that are dissing Jones are using as an example for the perceived 'arrogance'.
----
Its time to go get loopy on Nyquil and rye. See ya!

6 comments:

benyamen said...

I'm from Swift Current. Out here if you're reasonably competent and aren't completely insecure people will call you arrogant. It's the culture here that's likely giving Jones a bad name.

Mike from Vita, MB said...

Gotta wonder if former Blades Kaminski, Clark, Chase, Twist, and McPherson didn't feel a little jealous after the line brawl on Sunday. Old time hockey where players policed themselves when the "three blind mice" were dumber than a sack full of hammers.

Anonymous said...

I've heard the "arrogant" name attached to the Jones rink too and I don't know why. They were all very friendly when they were in Regina for the Scotties and they were very friendly when they were here practicing for the Worlds. I guess when you win as often as they do, people will look for something for criticize. GO CANADA!

Anonymous said...

The MJ-Calgary series will end in 6. Tonight's winner will determine who wins the series.

Anonymous said...

Jennifer Jones isn't arrogant! If she is, what do you call Kevin Martin! If winning championships and being the best at what you do is considered arrogant then I guess Jennifer is. Those that think she is arrogant might want to take a better look at her and her rink. They are great ambassadors for the sport.

JB

Anonymous said...

How the heck can someone with your commitment to fitness and nutrition get sick? What hope is there for the rest of us?