Pages

Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Tiger Isn't Making The Cut

The Tiger Woods story just continues to get worse and worse for the best golfer on the planet. He has hit it so far out of bounds that he's going to need more than one penalty stroke to get it back on the fairway. As a good friend told me on Wednesday, if Tiger would have come out Friday night or Saturday morning and admitted he had an argument with his wife and then left in a huff to blow off some steam and that's how the crash occurred, many of us would have bought it because we've been there. Instead Tiger tried to hide from the truth and now, well you know. Its going to get worse before it gets better. At this rate, Tiger would be better off saying he was the 13th man on the field Sunday.
-----
I went and got my H1N1 shot on Wednesday. I didn't know how long I would be in the immunization clinic and I still wasn't really sure if this was what I needed. However, being an asthmatic I decided I had better get the shot. As it turned out, I got two as I also got the seasonal flu shot. It wasn't a hassle whatsoever. The folks in the Regina Qu'Appelle Health District have made this as easy as possible with very little stress. You do feel like a cow being led to slaughter as you go from one area to the other, but its no big deal. Total time for me being in the building was 40 minutes and that counts the 15 minutes that you have to wait after getting the shot.
-----
Canucks vs Devils. Luongo vs Brodeur. A snapshot of what we can expect in Vancouver in a couple of months as the top two Canadian goalies go mano a mano in a game that could decide who is the starting goalie for Canada. After 20 minutes, I was starting to think that goalie could be Marc-Andre Fleury or Steve Mason. I wouldn't be surprised with a 3-2 final when Luongo faces Brodeur, but I wasn't expecting 3-2 after 20 minutes. In the end, Vancouver won the game 5-2. There are many out there who believe Brodeur should be the starter for Canada's first game against the Norwegians while others believe Luongo should get the nod. Nothing against Luongo, but the best goalie in the world can't be sitting on the bench when the Olympics begin.
-----
We know how what junior hockey players will be in Regina in a few days to start training camp for the World Juniors. No surprise to see Jordan Eberle and Colten Teubert on that list. Its nice to see Moose Jaw's Travis Hamonic and Swift Current's Cody Eakin make the roster as well. I would think both guys have a good shot at cracking the Canadian lineup. Do you have your tickets yet? Do you have your green jersey yet? I hope this event is a huge success for everyone involved, but the Rider run took away a lot of the buzz for this event and from what I'm hearing, ticket sales in Regina are still slow. If cameras show a Brandt Centre that isn't full, it won't put Regina in a good light.
-----
As was said to me today by a good friend in an e-mail. I'm guessing the Rider loss on Sunday was nothing for you. After all, its been what 102 years since the Cubs last won the World Series. Yeah that's right it has been, but what happened Sunday doesn't even compare to what happened in Game 6 of the 2003 NLCS otherwise known as the Bartman game. This wasn't Game 7 of the World Series. I would say what happened Sunday was reminiscent of the Bill Buckner incident in the 86 World Series. It was a moment where victory was yours only to have it taken away in one fleeting second. By the way, I've got a conspiracy theory when it comes to the Argos and their rebuilding effort. I admit it is wayyyyyyy out there, but I will relay it in future days.
-----
Sportsnet is asking those who visit their site on the web to vote for the hottest female athlete. How did Michelle Wie crack this list? How did Jennifer Jones not make this list? In fact, how is it there are no Canadian women on this list? How is Anna Kournikova not on the list? Sportsnet didn't do their diligent homework on this one. One person on the list is MMA star Gina Carano. I know some guys who would love to have Carano take a round out of them, (no Tiger isn't one of them---at least not that I know)but to me she is nothing out of the ordinary. Different strokes for different folks I guess.
----
Good story in the LP today about the Pats and the 2011 World Mens Curling Championship. If the Pats make the 2nd round of the playoffs in '11, they won't be able to use the Brandt Centre. Where do you go? The main rink in the Co-Operators Centre won't work, either will the Sherwood Twins. The idea is floated out there about using the new Multiplex in Moose Jaw. Would Moose Jaw allow the Pats to play a home game in their rink. I don't think it would matter who Regina was playing, there would be NO home ice advantage. Going to Saskatoon or Brandon would be too far for Regina season ticket holders. It could be very interesting seeing the Pats play a "home" game in Moose Jaw. Didn't the Warriors have to play a playoff game in Regina several years ago? I really think someone should write a book on Moose Jaw's first 25 years in the WHL. I think it would be a good read.
----
I'm not sure what exactly soccer's governing body is trying to prove---unless of course its that they are complete idiots. Maybe they think they are running a --no that would be a cheap shot. I'm sure you've heard about France's controversial win over Ireland to send the French into the World Cup while eliminating the Irish. It was clear to everyone except the two officials that France scored because of a handball by superstar Thierry Henry. Ireland wanted a rematch, FIFA said no. That was a good move. However, FIFA is now investigating Henry for his role in the controversial goal. Why? Henry was keeping the play alive and did what 98.8 percent of soccer players would do in his situation. He should not be punished in any way. Then FIFA says it is rejecting a call to have extra officials so that a mistake like this doesn't happen again. Methinks the people at FIFA have performed one too many headers.
-----
The Bills and Jets play tonight in Toronto? Can we officially declare the NFL invasion into Canada as a disaster? If there is any interest for this game, I'd like to know where it is. Then again, the Jets aren't much of a draw. I wonder what the buzz would be like if Brady and the Patriots were coming in. Having Miami visit last year and seeing the Jets this year doesn't excite this NFL fan. CFL fans don't have to worry about the Bills coming to Toronto on a permanent basis----at least not for a long time.
----
I saw someone with their Christmas tree up last night. Too early....much too early. Anytime after December 15 is OK with me but before then---too early!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good post today. Let me retort with this

1)Tiger did botch this right from the start. Coming out immediately and making a statement would have quieted this situation. Someone may have done some digging, but if he said what you did, we would have went yeah OK. Personally, I can't figure out what he's thinking when you look at his wife and then look at the trashbag ho's he's allegedly been with. Not even Tiger is immune to the female body. We've all been there but why decide to ride a Ford when you have a Ferrari in your garage.

2)I got my shot last week and had the same experience. Its very quick and it doesn't delay your day.

3)Have we not learned as Rider fans that you can't start absorbing a victory until the final gun sounds! When Durant threw the INT at the goal-line, I thought uh-oh. That was just one of many plays as the house of cards collapsed.

4)There are no Cdn athletes on that list and there are some very attractive ladies going to Vancouver wearing our colours. PS: Anna is yesterday--move on!

5)You are assuming the Pats will be a good team next year to make the 2nd round. That's rather bold! Do you know something we don't

6)I think there is a lot of corruption inside FIFA. It didn't break my heart to see Ireland get screwed being of British heritage, but there is something wrong there.

7)Bills and Jets---YAWWNNNN! I've got an Xmas reception to attend so I might catch the 2nd half.

8) Get in the spirit! I have no problem with the tree going up. Its when people wait till mid-January to take it down that bothers me.

Bruce

Anonymous said...

Did the Mrs. tell Tiger he can't play on her course anymore! Did he not pay his membership dues? Did he not replace his divot? Why would you mess around on someone that looks like that? Hot swedish models don't come around every day. If they do, they aren't coming to Regina and if they are, someone tell me where.

Anonymous said...

Can I show this to the wife before we put up the tree tonight. (Grumble,grumble, grumble)

Have I got tickets for the WJC yet. NO! Not for the Regina games. Sorry organizers, I want to see Canada. I'll be going to Saskatoon and staying with a buddy and watching everything there. They can sit there and say this or say that about why Canadian games are in Regina. The bottom line is Canada should be playing meaningful games here. Doing that would have ensured a sellout in both markets. This thing has been a failure since it was announced. We're two weeks from it starting and there's been no announcement of a sellout. BRUTAL!

JN

Tyler said...

Gina Carano's hotness is not a matter of "different strokes for different folks." It is an unquestionable and undeniable objective fact. There are three sure things in life: death, taxes, and Gina Carano is hot.

Anna K. doesn't play tennis anymore, does she? I thought the only fuzzy balls she deals with these days belong to a Latin pop star.

ed said...

Who does Tiger have to tell? His wife that's it it's not mine,not yours ,or anybody else buisness what goes on in his family.Good for Tiger snapping at the media.

Yes I do have my tickets for the wjc but in Sakatoon like it was said before I want to watch Canada play.But I will be going to the pre-tourament games here.

Anonymous said...

Its good for Regina that the WJHC is here because it allowed for an expanded Brandt Centre and the brand new six-plex on the Ex grounds. However, organizers did screw this up by not having Canada play round-robin games in Regina. Add that to the fact that there are overlapping times with games in Regina and Saskatoon. The organizing committee dropped the ball on this whole event right from the beginning.

Jeff