Pages

Friday, November 6, 2009

Coming Down To The Wire

Its the last weekend of the CFL regular season and I'm guessing you won't see any of this on what should be a great final weekend.

Then again this could be Burris and Vanstone if Calgary wins. (ITS A JOKE!!!!) Really, there's an image I wish I had never thought of. EWWW!! Moving on.

2-2 last week leaves me at 42-26 for the season. What happens to end things off. Well, here's what I'm thinkin.

EDMONTON AT B.C.

Two teams sitting at 8-9. One team will move on to the playoffs while the other is likely out. The only team Edmonton has beaten over the past six weeks is Toronto. The Lions have lost their last two games on the last play of the game. B.C is definitely the better team here and the fact they are at home should mean they advance. I will take the Lions.

MONTREAL AT TORONTO

Do I really need to waste words on this game. Montreal wins and wins handily.

CALGARY AT SASKATCHEWAN

I know you can't wait for this one and either can I. I expect this game to be like the other two between these teams and that is a nailbiter from start to finish. Weather should not be a factor so its just two good teams slugging it out against one another. Durant vs Burris, Cates vs Reynolds, Fantuz vs Lewis, the matchups go on and on and on. Expect a ring-a-ding-dong dandy and in the end, make plans to be at the Western final. The Riders win it...they win it late! I can't see them losing with such a rabid fan base cheering on their every move.

HAMILTON AT WINNIPEG

Despite winning last week over the Riders, I wasn't impressed with the play of Hamilton. The Bombers have been the better team over the past month, but again, I can't pick a team that has Michael Bishop at quarterback to win. He is too much of a wild-card. A good Bishop means Winnipeg likely wins while a bad Bishop basically guarantees a Hamilton win. Bishop won't be Western semi-final bad, but he'll be bad enough to give Hamilton the victory and home field for the Eastern semi.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

BAHHHHHHHH-ZINNNNNNNN-GAHHHHHH!!!!

Anonymous said...

Mitch, I think you have gone against the Bombers for the past 6 weeks in a row now, and they have won 4 of those games. Give them a bit of credit, c'mon now.

Anonymous said...

I think I speak for every red blooded male Rider fan when I say there would be nothing wrong with seeing that at halftime.

peter dalla riva

Anonymous said...

Good call Peter!

Anonymous said...

HA HA HA HA!! Has Vanstone seen that yet! Funny stuff Mitch!

MIke from Vita, MB said...

Fitting that you used a quote from former Saskatonian, and Calgary Flame voice, the late Ed Whalen. All we need to see is John Foley and the good ship lollypop come to dock, and the eschaton will be upon us, LOL.

We know that the football gods have it in for the BC Lions...which other teams are going to be the recipients of their wrath? Hope it's not us!!