Pages

Sunday, October 18, 2009

One More Suggestion For CFL--One I've Already Made

I don't want to harp on yesterday's controversial call that arguably took a win away from the Riders, but I do want to say this and its something I have said to the CFL both when I was on the air and in discussions with both George Black and Jim Daley when they held the position of director of officiating.

There are many questionable calls when watching a football game---NFL or CFL. The NFL does it right on the NFL Network when the head of referees sits down with Rich Eisen on Total Access every Thursday to talk about controversial calls and if they are right or not. You may not agree with what Mike Pereira has to say, but at least you are getting it from the head of the officials. He will tell you what is going on and why the call was correctly or incorrectly made. Can the CFL not do this with TSN? I would love to see a segment on Friday Night Football in which Tom Higgins is in studio or in his office and is grilled by Randorf and company as to why this call was made or why that call was made. Higgins would provide the answer--you may not like it, but at least you will get one.

Rider fans are not the only ones confused over what happened yesterday much like Rider fans see an incident happen in a game not involving their team and wonder WTF? I think a 3-5 minute segment like this every weekend would be beneficial for all involved.

Time to go watch some NFL.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have no problem with this, but Higgins would just be embarasssed week after week after week so it won't happen.

Anonymous said...

Higgins needs more than 3 minutes to tell us why the officials screwed up the John Chick penalty. He needs his own show for that one. I like the idea though.