Pages

Saturday, October 31, 2009

A Home Playoff Game--But What One?

What was a dismal day for the Rider Nation ends with a positive. Sandro De Angelis' chip shot field goal on the last play of the game gives the Stampeders a 28-26 win over B.C. That win means the Riders finish no worse than 2nd in the West. It also means that the winner of next Saturday's game at Mosaic between Saskatchewan and Calgary finishes first in the West and advances to the Western final. The loser will host either B.C or Edmonton in the Western semi-final. What a week it will be as we get ready for that tilt.

By the way, I hope each and everyone of you that cheered for Calgary last night had a good hot shower before you went to bed. I know you feel dirty cheering for Calgary, but its something you had to do. Its like when you went out with your friend and his hot girlfriend and she sets you up with someone who isn't so hot. You know what you have to do even though you may not want to, but after a few hours you feel OK knowing its something you don't have to do on a regular basis. Its OK. No one should think any lesser of you for what you did. Perhaps it just makes you cheer harder next week for your beloved green.
-----
I don't really want to rehash what happened to the beloved green. Who was the guy wearing the white jersey with number 4 on it. Darian Durant was absolutely horrid and he wasn't alone. That game was just plain ugly. Lets move on!
-----
After Cliff Lee shut down the Yankees in Game 1 of the World Series, I still thought the Yankees were the better team and so far I've been proven right. New York is just too strong for the Phillies who don't have the pitching that is needed on a consistent basis to beat these guys. The Yankee bats are alive and if that's the case, this series is over. Its must-win time tomorrow for the home side because they will not beat New York three straight times.
----
I saw this headline on Sportsnets site Saturday and I shuddered. The headline reading "Jays talking Wells trade with Cubs." This Cubs fan does not want the disappointing Vernon Wells patrolling center in Wrigley. Then again, maybe I do. The story goes on to say the teams are talking trade with Chicago sending meathead extraordinaire Milton Bradley to the Jays. Bradley is a complete pinhead with a terrible attitude. He is a powder keg waiting to explode. If this trade means Bradley is gone, I'm all for it. I'd like to see him end up with someone else than the Blue Jays, but if he has to, he has to.
------
You know I will never, ever cheer for the Leafs, but I had to laugh as the Montreal fans started serenading Toronto a little early. In fact while they sang at the Bell Centre, Toronto scored to cut the lead to one and then they tied it. It would have been funny to see Toronto win, but they lost in the shootout. By the way, those Montreal uniforms that they wore may have been the worst ones I have ever seen on an NHL team. Oh wait, I forgot about Boston's Winnie the Pooh outfits that they had a few years ago. Who's kidding who, the Habs looked like a bunch of convicts out there. Ditch those things!
-----
P-J Stock! Is he really needed on Hockey Night in Canada? What role does he play in the broadcast?
-----
How will Brett Favre be treated today when he steps onto the Lambeau Field turf as a member of the Vikings? You know I'm sick of the act that is Brett Favre, but after everything he did as a member of the Packers for that team, I would hope the fans of Green Bay give him an ovation when he takes to the field, but after that they boo the h-e double hockeysticks out of him much like they would any other quarterback.

How bad will the Lions-Rams game be?

Can Jon Ryan hit that mammoth scoreboard in Dallas with a punt today? Will I have a greater respect for the Regina product if during the pre-game warmup he spots the smug Jerry Jones walking down the sideline and shanks a punt with it bouncing between the eyes of said Jones. I would LOVE that!
-----
Hallowe'en night at the Civic Center in Moose Jaw. Could you really tell from a normal crowd there? Its a joke!!!!!
-----
How many kids did you get at your place last night? I had just over 20. What does this mean? Lots of leftover Peanut Butter Cups and licorice. And you know my six year old will never ever get through the haul she collected. Mom and I will do our best to help her. BURRRRRPPPPP!!!! When you go through your kids candy, do you look at some of the things he or she has and go who would give that out. We do! A friend of mine in Saskatoon informs me his daughters got some mints---mints that had Tony Romas and Dakota Dunes on the package. I ask you, what slug goes to a restaurant and grabs a handful of mints and then puts them in Hallowe'en sacks. Obviously, some clown in Saskatoon. Good god!
-----
Enjoy your Sunday! Go Seahawks!
------

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

No matter what happened it always came down to the last game anyways. Lets start another winning streak.

Anonymous said...

I'm scrubbing away and I still feel the shame of cheering for Calgary. Perhaps a Sunday of drinking beer cheering for the Colts will change that.

Anonymous said...

Rider fans cheered Kerry Joseph when he came back until the game started. Favre did more in GB than what Joseph did here. I expect a standing O, a crying Favre and then its football with GB fans doing what they have to help their team win.

Chris G

Anonymous said...

At least when I played wingman, I got some. I still went to bed feeling empty last night.


Kevin

mongo said...

i said the same thing about cheering for the stamps...dirty...but i did thank them...ugghhh...

and my wife said the exact same thing about the habs uniforms...they look like prison outfits lol...and the singing ticked me off as well...if i grew up in montreal i probably wouldn't be a fan today lol...