Pages

Monday, October 5, 2009

Favre 1 Packers 0

It wasn't just any normal game for Brett Favre. The much-hyped battle between Brett's old team and his new team went to the Vikings as Favre throws for 270 yards and three touchdowns in a 30-23 win over Green Bay. However, while Favre will get all the headlines because of the significance of the game, he was not the star. That honour goes to Minnesota d-lineman Jared Allen. He was simply unstoppable recording 4 1/2 sacks. The hype machine will now die down for a bit, but will rise again stronger than ever in a few weeks when Brett goes back to Lambeau in a game that will be talked about for a long time.
-----
I have no idea what a-holes decided to go out and vandalize the Green Acres golf course, but here's hoping they get caught. If you haven't heard, some bottomfeeders with nothing better to do decided to go out Friday night and destroy some fairways and greens on the course. It will cost 25-thousand dollars. If and when they get caught, they can do their sentence by basically being a groundskeeper next summer with their pay being absolutely zip. Oh and they will get caught, because they will open their yap to someone to show how "cool" they think they were.
------
Has CFL commissioner Marc Cohon got some secrets hidden away in a closet. Did he do something when younger that he's not proud of. Take a look at this ad and tell me if it isn't Cohon shaving underwater(around the 43 second mark)....



That's Cohon I say. CTV's Chris Hodges and I may be the only people who believe this, but I say it is. If I am out walking today and a big van should pull up beside me with a CFL logo, I could be in big trouble.
-----
There was a flyer in my Leader-Post Monday advertising Hallowe'en costumes, or should I say outfits to make you look rather whorish on October 31 if you are a lady. Did you see this flyer? Naughty nurse, naughty schoolteacher, naughty schoolgirl, naughty Ghostbuster?? Is this what Hallowe'en has come to? Then again, I guess all I would have to do is head to The Pump, JD's or The Drink on Hallowe'en night to answer that question. The only thing scary about some of these costumes is A) falling out of them or B) someone who shouldn't be wearing them wearing them if you know what I mean, and there will be many who will think they look good in a naughty nurse outfit or whatever and will be the only one who thinks they look good.
------
So let me get this straight, TSN does a story two games into the NHL season on a Leafs goaltending controversy. Someone pass me a bucket! Roberto Luongo is now 0-3 as Canucks goalie, but I'm sure TSN won't be making a Luongo story one of their top ones with talk that Andrew Raycroft could be taking over. Maybe the Devils are thinking about changing goalies seeing Marty Brodeur has started 0-2. Oh no, Canada's top two goalies for the Olympics haven't won yet. Sound the alarms!!! Please!
-----
The Brandt Centre needs to be full when the World Juniors come to town. It will be embarassing for Regina to have a rink that is not full when the tournament begins.It will be a real slap in the face to Hockey Canada as well. The organizing committee said Monday only 27-hundred ticket packages have been sold so they are rolling out another ticket package for potential buyers. You can see all 12 games for 235 dollars or you can buy a six game package for 125 dollars. Each six game package includes one of the Canadian games that will be played here---one of the Canadian pre-tournament games. Will this be enough to get people to the rink or will single game tickets have to be put on sale? I guess we will find out starting Thursday when these new packages go for sale.
-----
That is Marc Cohon. I'm telling you it is.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Brett was definitely the offensive star of the game Mitch...don't let your Brett hatred get in the way of aknowleging that...270 and 3 TD's in a game many were hoping he would fail in..including you...enjoy Suckica Wallace. Jared Allen was Jarred Allen...was his coming out party for most of you uninformed NFL fans, but he's led the NFL in total sacks the last 5 years combines...no surprised for Vikes fans!

Anonymous said...

Sell single game tickets or people won't go...too much dough.

Anonymous said...

If that isn't Cohon, someone should ask if he has a twin brother. Thats funny!!!

Anonymous said...

The WJHC will be a failure in Regina. Why? Simple. Organizers can't figure out you need to have Canada playing meaningful games in both centres. Oh, we get training camp and a couple of exhibition games. Its like the soup before the steak dinner. I have my tickets for this event------in Saskatoon. Many others I know have done the same thing. Jack Brodsky pulled one over on Regina big time here. I guarantee you there wouldn't be any problems here had Canada played their pool games in Regina with Saskatoon getting exhibition and playoff games. I'm guessing this is the last international hockey we will see in Saskatchewan for a long time after this schmozzle.

David

Anonymous said...

The definition of verbal fellatio is watching Brett Favre on a nationally televised football game. I was waiting for the man to be shown walking on the Metrodome roof or curing cancer at half time. It is just ridiculous to see the fawning this guy gets from everyone.
Meanwhile, Jared Allen gets some kudos, but not as many as he should have for yes winning that game for Green Bay. 4 1/2 sacks, a forced fumble, in Rodgers kitchen all night. He was the best player on the field without a doubt and this comes from a Vikings fan.

If the girls in my office want to dress up like skanks for one day, I have no problem with it and yes, my office is full of good looking women.

BK

Anonymous said...

I think you and Hodges have come on to something.

David, I couldn't agree more with your statement.

BK, I'd like to come visit you at work today.

peter dalla riva

Anonymous said...

One of the reasons I like the CFL better than the NFL happened last night in the Vkings/Packers game. The Vikings had the ball with :54 sec to go and just took a knee, game over. In the CFL, the Packers might've got the ball back and a chance to score. They need to change that rule, no big deal if they don't, CFL is better league, rule wise anyways. Better skilled players in the NFL though.

Mike G.

Anonymous said...

There is no way I'm buying a package for the games in Regina. I want to see Team Canada and I want to see them in tournament games. That is why I am going to Saskatoon. My brother and I have packages. Screw Regina! Had Canada played some meaningful games here, I would have stayed in a heartbeat. I will watch some of their training camp and then I will hit the highway and get the best of both worlds. I know I'm not alone.

Brian