Pages

Sunday, July 19, 2009

Early Sunday

Tom Watson isn't going to win the British Open is he?? At the time of writing this, anyone could the way the final round is going. Seeing Ross Fisher struggle on 4 made me think of my day at Aspen Links the other day. Everyone is hopping on the Watson bandwagon the way everyone hopped on the Greg Norman bandwagon last year and we remember what happened there. It would be a great story if Watson wins, but I can't see it.
---
When is the last time the Hamilton Tiger-Cats were above 500. Seriously! I can't remember. Is it wrong to feel good for the Tabbies and their fans?
---
I think I'll have to watch today's Blue Jays game. After all, it might be the last time Roy Halladay pitches in a Toronto uniform. I'll be interested to see what type of reaction Halladay gets when he emerges from the dugout. If the Toronto baseball fan is smart, he would get a standing ovation--and a long one at that.
---
Seen in the stands at the Rider game yesterday----a fan with a Rider jersey with Harrell on the back. He taped the lettering on but still. Speaking of jerseys, it would have to be an unofficial poll but from what I have seen, Fantuz and Szarka jerseys lead the way this year. If Andy doesn't re-sign, the Rider store is going to do a lot of business from disgruntled fans getting new jerseys. Those that have Szarka jerseys had better start saving up for a new one soon as Chris is on the downside of his career and maybe has one or two years left.
---
Has everyone calmed down this morning after what happened yesterday?? It wasn't pretty, but all teams are going to have games like that. Once you let a good team get up on you, its tough to come back and that's what happened yesterday. It won't be like that next weekend against the Eskimos.
---
Fellas, do a google news search under Denise Richards and then ask yourself if you wish you were one of her friends????
---
Summer has finally decided to pay a visit, so stop reading this and get outside and enjoy the day.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't want to sound like one of "those" fans, but I have some concerns after what I saw yesterday

1)We need an outside receiver. Jones and Bagg aren't doing it for me. Is Derick Armstrong that much of a prick that we wouldn't be intersted.
2)Szakra and Clermont are a waste of SMS money. Wally was right on Jason and someone needs to tell Zark his time is up. He's been great for us, but his time is over
3)Why isn't Dressler returning kicks?? Johnny Quinn was terrible yesterday.
4)I didn't realize the stat about the 2nd half points until you brought it up. That isn't good.
5)Kavis Reed has work to do on how to prevent punts from being blocked. He has found a way to block them though.

Despite this, I think we get back on track against Edmonton next week. Montreal is good and we are second best, there is a wide gap between the two.

Randy

Anonymous said...

Randy is 50 percent right. I think the offence is still trying to find where Clermont fits in, but Szarka is just wasting space now. He's been great for us, but his time is up. When Hughes gets healthy, it may spell the end for 33.

TD

Mike from Vita said...

Hamilton was last over 500 in 2004, the last year they made the playoffs.. Hopefully this is Hamilton's 1988...if you know what I mean.

The Riders have nothing to hold their heads down about the loss to Montreal. I realized that FOUR of the FIVE O linemen are ROOKIES when it comes to starting a CFL (playing less than 18 games). BC's O line is as young, and they are getting hammered.

Anonymous said...

I saw the guy with the Harrell jersey when I came into the stadium. I laughed hard at that. I even saw a guy with a Teale Orban 11 jersey(???). No Bergquist jerseys though!! Maybe next game

Shannon

PS: I would LOVE to be one of Denise Richards' friends.