Pages

Thursday, February 19, 2009

I MUST Have A Pair Of These!!!!!!



Believe it or not, NIKE is making a running shoe patterned after the great Glen Quagmire of "Family Guy" fame. Heres part of the release....

Next month the Glen Quagmire NIKE SB Dunk High will officially hit select Nike SB retailers. The SB Dunks inspired by the deviant Family Guy character feature an upper constructed of blue nubuck and blue canvas to represent Quagmires jeans, and red nubuck with gold stars to represent Glens button up shirt. Furthermore theres yellow stitching used on the mid-sole while white contrast stitching is used on the blue nubuck Nike Swoosh.
The Glen Quagmire Nike SB Dunks will be a Quickstrike which you will only find at select Nike SB retailers in March.

I'm not kidding!!! I must have a pair of these. GIGGITY GIGGITY!!! ALL RIGHT!!!!!

Rider news this afternoon. The team has signed defensive back Leron Mitchell. Does he become the starting safety now that Scott Gordon is in Edmonton with the chances of Tristan Clovis returning one would think are slim. He could also start on the corner now that James Johnson is in Winnipeg. If I read correctly, head coach Ken Miller said he would contemplate starting a Canadian at the other corner spot. I don't know if I like that idea or not. Nothing against Ken Miller because I think he is as good a coach as he is a man but when I think Canadian corner, I like you think Patrick Burke.

I forgot to mention this morning that the CKHS will be busy tonight as the University of Regina Cougar womens basketball team plays Winnipeg tonight in Game 1 of the best of three GPAC final. Injuries are hurting the Cougars but they know if they don't win this series, its a long wait until they get back on the court for the Nationals which they are hosting. Dave Taylor is too good a coach not to have his girls ready. In fact who's kidding who....Dave Taylor is just too good of a person period. I haven't spoken to Dave in quite a while which is probably good for him but he is one of the good people when it comes to the Regina sports community. Here's hoping for a short series that goes Regina's way and here's hoping for a good showing by the Cougars at the Nationals as they try and bring the "Bronze Baby" back to the University. Organizers are hoping for a sellout at the CIS championships and knowing Regina sports fans the way I do, I am sure they will get it.

As I mentioned earlier today, CFL commissioner Marc Cohon wants to know what rule changes YOU would like to implement. I can't tell you how much I love this idea. I really hope the commissioner now listens to what fans tell him when it comes to possible rule changes and acts on them. I've got a list, but I will disclose that in a posting later this week.

Finally I'm quite surprised Rod Pedersen hasn't mentioned this in his what now has to be world-famous blog but the first event at the new mammoth Dallas Cowboys stadium will be a concert by country legend George Strait. George is without a doubt one of the best and you know Craven will welcome him with open arms when he wraps everything up this year. I'm guessing RP will be looking for a photo op there. I'm also guessing if he didn't know about this concert in Dallas that he might be looking up his contacts with the Stars to see if he can get tix. Good luck Roddy!

Still on the topic of country music, I heard the Brad Paisley, Dierks Bentley, Crystal Shawanda show in Regina last nite was outstanding. They are in Saskatoon tonight so if you are going, enjoy yourself. Then again, you are likely already on the way to the show now instead of getting caught in the traffic jam.

Now where do I find me a pair of those shoes??!!!

No comments: